We are committed to partnering with parents to equip our students to go out into God’s world do his work. Our Careers Education therefore is an integral part of this equipping.
Our Year 9-12 students have access to a comprehensive Career Education Program. This closely supports the Specialisation and Launching phase of their schooling.
Experiences, guidance and the sharing of knowledge, are designed to assist students in the development of skills and strategies that enable them to plan, make informed decisions about further education or training and future career choices.
The students and/or parents at CCS:
- Are prepared for Work Experience in Year 9 and complete a Work Experience Program in Year 10.
- Visit the Illawarra Careers market in Year 10 and 12.
- Attend Discovery Day at Wollongong University (UOW) in Year 12.
- Receive career counselling to inform career choices and directions when required, and through individual Year 12 interviews.
- Identify their individual abilities, skills and interests by reflecting on the gifts God has given them.
- Develop skills required to search for and apply for employment through preparation for Work Experience, resume writing and mock interviews.
- Are provided with information regarding the school curriculum, the HSC, further education and training, and early entry into UOW via information evenings.
- Learn study skills in Years 11 and 12, thereby gaining knowledge of course requirements, study options and pathways.
- Are guided in their search for a satisfying career via regular information and updates in our Weekly Newsletter, publications, notice boards, Careers Corner in the Learning Hub and social media platforms.
- Receive Pastoral Care visits to inform students of a wide range of opportunities, to increase their knowledge about careers and career pathways, working conditions, areas of skill shortages, work/life roles and the world of work in general.
- Interviews can be booked at the Year 9-12 parent teacher interviews with the Careers Advisor or upon request.
For further information:
For more specific information concerning topics such as our Year 10 Work Experience Programme or University Admissions Programmes, please contact:
Mrs Di Gillett