Our Learning Communities
We do not ask students to be the best, but rather, to be their best.
We have a vision to transform the life opportunities of our students by identifying their individual potential and seeking rapid improvement in all learners.
- Become critical thinkers, problem solvers and effective learners
- Apply a robust Christian perspective and biblically based worldview
- Grow as faithful followers of Christ, seeking to serve their Saviour and others
- View their education as a rich, staged journey from Prep to the HSC
- Learn valuable leadership and collaboration skills
- Experience the curriculum through investigation, inquiry, and application
- Develop the character and habits needed for success in life
- Build the skills to tackle complex ideas, problems, and texts
- Value deliberate, sustained effort
Our captain and vice-captain are ambassadors for Calderwood Christian School. They actively promote and reflect our values through their own actions and activities with the student community.
- They learn how to represent our school in the wider community
- The captains are responsible for fostering strong Christian character amongst the senior students
- They, along with all Years 11 and 12 students take-on leadership roles such as planing, running and leading Friday morning assemblies
The council representatives think about events that will bring fun and raise interest in a specific cause. The members also learn how to conduct their duties and leadership in a democratic way.
The student council represents the student perspective. They work together as a team to discuss matters of interest to the student community.
They plan two big events a year, for example:
- Thanksgiving Week
- Grandparents’ Day
- Jeans for Genes
- Batter 4 Better fundraiser for TEAR projects
They raise students’ awareness of big issues in the world, for example:
- Evangelism, and